Monday, November 21, 2011

12 Weeks to a healthier me...My Upper Cervical Experience



I am going to document my Upper Cervical Chiropractic experience here. Over the past 5 months I have been doing research into Upper Cervical Chiropractic. I have been through a lot this past year and I just feel like my body is out of whack. I have had gallbladder issues and suffered depression from my son dying. I eat healthy and excercise, but my immune system just does not feel like it is working at it's full potential. I was researching ways to boost my immune system and stumble across Upper Cervical Chiropractic. I was sad to find out there was only a couple in my city and they were really expensive. Then one day I was driving home and notice a sign go up in a local business park. It said Balanced Chiropractic. I called Riverton City to see if I could get a number to the location. They gaveme the info:

2464 W 12600 S, Suite #110
Riverton, UT 84065
Telephone: 801-477-7222

When I called and spoke to the receptionist Amy, the first thing I asked was if the doctor performs upper cervical treatment. She said yes and my chin almost hit the floor! Plus their prices are awesome. It is only $45 a visit.

I signed my husband and I up and we were in there 2 days later. Dr. Jensen is honestly one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. He is super friendly and you can tell he cares about his patients. He took x-rays and explained the process of being adjusted. I figured my top 2 vertebrae would be out of alignment for several different reasons. Mainly from stress and the fact that I took a bad fall a few years ago.

Dr. Jensen practices the blair method. This is a great technique and not scary at all. There is really no pain involved at all. The first time I was adjusted I immediately felt a warm feeling behind my right ear. It felt like a channel had been unblocked. It felt so nice and I could tell right away that this was going to make a difference. I was then guided to sit in an awesome anti-gravity chair and relax for 20 minutes to help my neck settle into place. Dr. Jensen's office also has super comfy blankets and it was a great time for me to just fall asleep.

After I stood up I felt like I shouldn't move my neck. My husband thought I was a little silly :) I was walking around like Mr. Finch from Point of Interest :) but shortly there after I acted normal again. I just kept thinking in the back of my mind that I want to keep these top 2 vertebrae in alignment :)

I'll post how I feel tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment